Catholic Sabha Pakshikere unit came in to existence in 1987, under the guidance of Rev. Fr. Elias D’ Souza and Rev. Fr. Jerald D’ Costa. It has been functioning systematically for the past fourteen years. This year too we have tried our best to function effectively. We are 25 in number and we are glad to include two additional life time members. We like to put before you the list of activities done by us;
- Toppers of 10th and 12th Std. felicitated of our parish were awarded to meritorious students.
- Various programmes were conducted to spread political awareness among people.
- Elocution contest was conducted for all age groups and winners were encouraged to participate in Deanery [varado] level speech competition
- We in collaboration with Kemral Panchayat, K.M.C and other association organized a free Eye Camp at Pakshikere Church hall. 163 people were benefited. 8 of them underwent a free cataract operation and 31 were given spectacles.
- Donation was given for the people affected by floods in North Karnataka.
- One day career guidance programme was organized in collaboration with C.O.D.P (CapCell) and 109 children and youths of the parish were benefited.
- Health card of Fr. Muller Hospital Kankanady was introduced to parishioners. As a result some of the parishioners benefited from this.
I, Mr. Legory Sequeira the secretary of the Catholic Sabha wholeheartedly thank Rev. Fr. Alban D’ Souza and Rev. Fr. Anil for their full support. I also extend my gratitude to all our well-wishers for their financial support, parishioners for their encouragement.